We are an evangelical Christian church. We believe:
- There is one God, who is the Creator of all things.
- God made Himself known to us in three ways: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- The Bible is the complete and perfect testimony of God at work in human history, revealing His will, direction, and care for all.
- Eternal salvation is a gift from God, offered to all who accept it through faith in Jesus Christ, and Him alone. The Holy Spirit dwells within all who are saved.
- The church is a local assembly of believers. We meet to worship and praise God, to fellowship with Him and each other, to deepen our faith and obedience to Him, and to follow where He leads.
- God has given each saved person one or more spiritual gifts, which are to be discovered, developed, and used in His service.
We are a Southern Baptist church. We affiliate with the Hill Country Baptist Association, the Baptist General Convention of Texas, the Southern Baptist Convention, and the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship. As Baptists, we believe:
- Every person has direct access to God through Jesus Christ.
- Salvation is eternal and permanent because it is God’s gift.
- Each church is autonomous in its authority to seek and follow God’s direction.
- God has ordained two observances for believers: baptism by immersion, and the Lord’s Supper. Neither of these is required to be saved; both are outward demonstrations of one’s salvation.
We are a long-established church. First Baptist has been worshiping and serving our Lord in Fredericksburg, Texas since 1921.
We are a welcoming church. Whether you are new to Fredericksburg, a long-time resident, or just visiting, we invite you to join us for worship, Bible study, and warm fellowship. Or stop by our church office and visit with our friendly church staff. We offer programs and activities for all ages. Check-out our ministries to see where you can join-in.
Don’t worry if:
- You’re not already a Christian. We are a welcoming place to learn more about God and to develop your faith. We want to share the good news available in Jesus Christ.
- You’re a Christian but not a Baptist. Christianity is our faith; Baptist is our denomination. You’ll find church members here who come from a wide variety of other Christian denominations.
If you would like more information, or you want to meet with one of our staff members, please contact us. We would love to hear from you.