Jesus loves little children. And so do we.
One of our church’s highest priorities is to do as Jesus said … to bring the children to Him. To love and protect them. To teach them about God and His holy word, the Bible.
First Baptist offers one of the most extensive and caring children’s programs in our region. Our programs include:
- On the first Sunday of the month, during Worship, children from kindergarten-5th grade are invited to leave for their own personal worship experience. Children learn a Biblical lesson, create an associated craft, play games, enjoy snacks and fellowship.
- Camp Sizzle. Kids need vacations, too. They enjoy going to a summer retreat where they play with other kids their age, learn about Jesus, and find friendship through teamwork. Camp Sizzle 2023 is scheduled for June 18-22.
- Each summer First Baptist hosts Vacation Bible School, where kids gather to enjoy recreation, games, snacks, and – most important – to learn about Jesus. VBS 2023 is scheduled for June 5-9.
- Our Awana Club helps kids memorize and understand the Bible, God’s holy word. On Wednesday evenings during the local school year kids gather for recreation, a themed program, and Bible memorization and understanding. Our 2022-23 Awana Club started on September 14, 2022. We have unlimited openings for children kindergarten-6th grade.
- Sports activities teach children teamwork, moral behavior, and competition in a fun and safe environment. First Baptist’s Upward Sports provides all of these in an active program of basketball and cheerleading.
Raising your children is hard work, and the most important job you’ll ever have. First Baptist also sponsors two programs to help the mothers of children and youth:
- Mother’s Day Out gives busy moms, (or dads, grandmas, grandpas-you get the picture!), a short break from parenting by providing fun, well-supervised learning and play in a Christian environment for their pre-school children.
- MOPS and Mom’s NEXT develop a supportive, caring network among moms of pre-school and school-age children. You can share concerns, learn from others’ experiences, and enjoy Christian fellowship and friendship from moms just like you.
Give your children, and yourself, the lives God has planned for you. Join us!
Club meets from 4:00-5:30 p.m.
The 2022-23 program started on September 14, 2022 and follows the school calendar through April 26, 2023.
Nursery – 5th grade
9:15 – 10:15 a.m.
In the Children’s Wing