Jesus loves little children. And so do we.
One of our church’s highest priorities is to do as Jesus said … to bring the children to Him. To love and protect them. To teach them about God and His holy word, the Bible.
First Baptist offers one of the most extensive and caring children’s programs in our region. Our programs include:
- The Food 4 Kids – Backpack Program, which ensures that children in need have healthy, nutritious food. We want our area’s kids to only be hungry for knowledge – about their world and about Jesus.
- Camp Sizzle. Kids need vacations, too. They enjoy going to a summer retreat where they play with other kids their age, learn about Jesus, and find friendship through teamwork.
- Each summer First Baptist hosts Vacation Bible School, where kids gather to enjoy recreation, games, snacks, and – most important – to learn about Jesus.
- Our Awana Club helps kids memorize and understand the Bible, God’s holy word. On Wednesday evenings during the local school year kids gather for a pizza meal followed by recreation, a themed program, and Bible memorization and understanding.
- Sports activities teach children teamwork, moral behavior, and competition in a fun and safe environment. First Baptist’s Upward Sports provides all of these in an active program of basketball and football.
Raising your children is hard work, and the most important job you’ll ever have. First Baptist also sponsors two programs to help the mothers of children and youth:
- Mother’s Day Out gives busy moms a short break from parenting by providing fun, well-supervised learning and play in a Christian environment for their pre-school children.
- MOPS and Mom’s NEXT develop a supportive, caring network among moms of pre-school and school-age children. You can share concerns, learn from others’ experiences, and enjoy Christian fellowship and friendship from moms just like you.
Give your children, and yourself, the lives God has planned for you. Join us!
Club meets from 5:45 – 7:15 p.m.
From September through April
Nursery – 5th grade
9:15 – 10:15 a.m.
In the Children’s Wing